Looking through the photos of the garden from over the summer I found some pictures of swallowtail butterflies. There were so many on the Joe Pye weed that day it was amazing. At one point I counted 7 yellow and 3 black swallowtails on the same plant, as well as lots of bees. Some of the photos reminded me of a flat peyote stitch window hanging I had done years ago. I used mostly Czech beads, a lot of them I bought at Fire Mountain. The flower was made with dyed Japanese beads and considering this hung in a window for years it is nice the colors didn't fade too much. Once I even found a live swallowtail on the inside of the window sitting next to the beadwork. This was one of my first attempts at off loom beaded pictures. I worked from a photograph without charting a pattern or printing from a computer on a grid.