Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Flowers

One of the great things about flowers is that there are so many different kinds- all shapes, sizes and colors. In this day of infinite sources for the exotic and unusual there are many types of flowers I encounter in visits to different gardens, and most of them seem like good candidates for beading projects. Recently I was visiting a landscaped property with a few interesting flowers.


I encountered a bell shaped clematis that also had some swirly seed pods.


 
This is called Beauty Berry.
 Seems like a 4mm or 6mm round bead would make good berries, if I can find them in the right color.
 
 

 I am not sure what this is. It looks like a honeysuckle but I don't think it is.



This is a mystery as well. It's almost like a sweet pea flower, only it was on a huge bush.



 This is a woodland anemone. The plants were 3 feet tall and looked gorgeous mixed with the red lobelia.


 
And a passionflower, a popular choice for beading that I attempted once, but definitely need to try again.




No comments:

Post a Comment