Thursday, September 26, 2013

Haute Couture Challenge

One of the projects I am working on now is a necklace for the Haute Couture challenge from Good Quill Hunting. The entry is to be based on one of the 24 fashion photos from her Pinterest board. A lot of the designs are pretty far out there, but I can see them being selected more as inspiration than to actually wear. There are many pretty, flowing dresses as well as some ultra modern pieces. I am leaning towards this one, a fantastic offering from Slava Zaitsev as featured on the Ullabenulla blog.


It has purple and green, and who can resist pink fringe? The mix of color and texture is a tempting challenge.  The only problem is the chance the finished necklace will be more suited to the Ugly Necklace contest instead. I have been working on a solid weave floral base that is to be embellished with sparkly jewels. It is a bit over the top, but so far it is not too gaudy.  
The second part of the entry is a short essay on how the fashion design inspired you. For me, the beading is intuitive; putting into words what inspired my creative process is very difficult. That's what makes this a good competition though. I am enjoying the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment